As a kid, I loved parmesan cheese from the green can, ate vienna sausages straight from the container, and considered Kraft American slices to be the best cheese a girl could eat. I’m not sure what changed, but my tastes became decidedly bougier as I’ve gotten older.
One of my favorite bars in Los Angeles serves a grilled cheese with goat and parmesan and I decided to try recreating it at home. The goat cheese is soft and gooey on the inside, while the parmesan offers a nutty crunch on the outside. It’s a delightful combo!
Bougie Grilled Cheese Ingredients:
- Your favorite bread (sourdough is delicious!)
- About a ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (not that stuff in a green can!)
- Goat Cheese (The pictured Trader Joe’s brand goat cheese with honey is BEYOND!) – I like to take the goat cheese out about 15 minutes before making this so it spreads easily.
Bougie Grilled Cheese Directions:
- Put a frying pan on medium high.
- Melt a little butter in the frying pan (so the parmesan cheese will turn golden brown)
- Spread the goat cheese on one slice of bread and put the other slice on top.
- Butter one slice of your sandwich.
- Press half the parmesan cheese into the butter.
- Flip it over.
- Butter the other side and press the rest of the parmesan cheese into the butter.
- Carefully put the sandwich into your frying pan.
- Flip when the parmesan cheese is golden brown.
I like to serve my grilled cheese with sliced tomatoes, sprinkled with fresh ground pepper and a little sea salt. Enjoy!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin