PJ, my awesome friend and a super talented cook, taught me how to make this easy and delish Parmesan zucchini side dish during a recent trip to California. Spend any time at PJ’s house and you are guaranteed something delectable, a meal, baked good or cocktail. I’ve been the lucky recipient of this delicious trifecta through many years of friendship. And I’m happy to share my good fortune with you!
Check us out at PJ’s 80s themed birthday party a few years ago:
Okay, enough with the chit chat, it’s time to get to the recipe . . .
Parmesan Zucchini Side Dish Recipe:
- Zucchini (as many as you would like to make!)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the broiler on low (Setting the broiler to low allows the zucchini to become tender)
- Trim the zucchini ends
- Slice them down the middle
- Score zucchini lengthwise and crosswise
- Lightly butter each slice (don’t use too much or the butter will spill out onto the cookie sheet… I may have been guilty of this!)
- Generously sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the butter
- Place the zucchini slices on a cookie sheet and then under the broiler
- Cook until the Parmesan cheese is golden brown.
Replace the Parmesan cheese with goat cheese or go super crazy with a goat/parmesan cheese combo!